Since I treat this blog as a family journal, I hope those don't mind if I share my thoughts over this devastating loss. Most of the time I have no words, that frightful night as I laid my precious boy to sleep did I know that it would be the last, I would have held him longer...kissed him a 1000 more kisses...rubbed his hairless head...and told him I loved him 100 more times. I feel like I am in a nightmare and just can't wake up. I want to go back and re-do that whole day...I have some guilt because I was potty training Adleigh that whole day, if I had just known, I would spent the whole day holding my sweet boy. What I wouldn't give to hear him laugh, or see him suck on his hands or look at me like I am just crazy because I talk in my baby voice. They say that you can't go over the "What if's" but how can you not? Everyone always gives me a hard time because I am SO over-protective of my children but yet this has happened...again, speechless.
The morning after, I was in a daze, I remember hearing a neighbor mowing his lawn and wanting to yell out the window "are you kidding me, I just lost my baby and your life just goes on!?" My world has stopped...turn upside down and still hasn't stopped jiggling. I feel empty, lonely. I long for something I can't fix or get. I just want to wake up...
I keep thinking this isn't suppose to happen to me...I am suppose to have a boring life...where did I sign up for this? Growing up in the church, I know the Plan of Salvation and I know all the spiritual side to this tragedy but it doesn't seem to help much. I know that Beckett is safe, happy and in the arms of Heavenly Father and other family members that we have lost. It is me that is broken. The pain in my heart just pulses hourly, my scar of his precious birth aches. The anguish in my son’s eyes is overwhelming. The grief in my daughter’s eyes makes my heart break over and over. I just want to fix this…take away their pain. Why me…why them…why us?
I will probably never stop questioning why…and I am not sure there will ever be an answer that will make me complete again.
Beckett was the most precious baby. He loved his siblings. Zeke would carry him around and show him the world. He would check on him for me if I was busy. He was feeding him bottles. Tatum was his second mother. She could hold him for hours. She recently has started to burp him and she was so proud. She told everyone about Beck and things he was doing. Mr. Boo loved Braia, although, she never held him much. She would get close (real close) to his ears and laugh (loud) or talk to him and he would turn his head and just stare and smile at her. I always thought it was odd that the loudness in her voice didn’t bother him…he loved every moment of noise in our house. Adleigh treated Beckett like her very own baby doll. She was ALWAYS trying to help me. If Beckett needed something she would help him…if she heard him cry (even from downstairs) she would coming RUNNING saying, “Oh, honey, I coming.” She called him “My Beckett.” I would have fights with her over whose “Beckett” he really was. He was definitely loved. There is no other baby that was wanted more than him.
Beckett was mine. I miss cuddling with him through the night. I miss squeezing his chunky hands and rubbing his sharp (even after I cut them) toenails. I miss spending every morning feeding him and lying in bed talking to him before everyone else woke up. I miss spending the evenings with him watching TV once the other kids were in bed. I miss him…
Hopefully someday I will be able to comprehend more of why my sweet angel was taken from us but for now…grieving is all I have.

12 comments:
I am so sorry for you loss Ashley. Your words made me cry, and I wish there was something I could do. I am so glad to know that you will be able to see and hold him again. I love the gospel! Hang in there, I am thinking about you guys, and praying for you!
Oh Ashley, I am speechless too. Beckett is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen, like all of your kids. I miss seeing his chubby cheeks and blue blue eyes. It seems surreal to me because we just moved so I haven't seen you anyways, but I think about you many times every day. My girls pray for you and your family with every prayer. What a lovely little guy.
Ashley, thank you for sharing; I feel like I learn more and more about precious Beck. I sit here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat wondering how you get thru each day. I am so sorry for you and your family's pain. What a sweet boy he was; SO LOVED!
I hope it gets a little less painful as time goes on even though he will always be in your thoughts. All you can really do is take it one day at a time. Keeping a journal is a great way to remember these feelings & thoughts. You will get through this! Just hang in there!
Beautiful video Ashley. I am so sorry you and your family are experiencing such grief.
((hugs))
We love you guys and think of you daily.
I understand how you say you feel broken. Your baby boy is fine, but you're not. Use the atonement. It's not just for sin, but pain, grief, comfort, and all that you're feeling and needing. I'm so sorry.
Everyone else has a lot of good advice, but I'm sure that no matter what people say you feel the way you feel. I don't know if anything that I could say or anyone else say could make you feel better, but I hope it gives you some comfort just knowing that so many people are here for you and love you. I don't expect this to be easy for you or Jed or the kids, but I saw how strong you all are together. Beckett is still yours and will be forever because you were married in the right place. All I can say and will continue to say is that I love so much Ash and will always be there for you.
Oh Ashley, I cannot even come close to understanding the kind of grief and loss you and your family are experiencing. Your pain is palpable and my heart aches for you. The bible talks about weeping with those who mourn - know that although we cannot truly understand your pain we weep with you.
Beckett's picture is adorable ... what a sweet, sweet little boy.
Many hugs to you,
Polly
Oh Ashley, I cried through this whole thing. I am sooo sooo sooo sorry you have to go through this! I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. This is seriously my worst fear. I hope and pray that you can find some sort of comfort through this. That you can find the words that your children need to hear to try to understand. That you will feel all the prayers offered for you and your family.
I couldn't get through this post without crying my eyes out. I physiclly hurt for the pain you are feeling. I am so incredibly sorry, Ashley.
Ash - I'm so sorry for your loss. I was shocked and heartbroken when I found out. The pictures you have here are absolutely beautiful.
It's okay that grieving is all you have right now. You know, as well as I do, that when you're grieving the loss of a child, you are allowed to feel any way you do...to think anything you think. None of it is "wrong" of you. I cannot even imagine your pain.
I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family, though I can understand how the "spiritual" side of it isn't as comforting as you might like.
Biggest hugs from my whole family. So beautiful and ALWAYS REMEMBERED - your sweet boy.
With our deepest sympathy,
The Mahoe 'Ohana
~ Stacie
Post a Comment