Monday, August 2, 2010

Smashed :(

Photobucket
Since Jed still doesn't have a real full-time job, we rarely go out to eat.  We had a gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse (yum!) and decided to take the kids out to eat.  They LOVE to eat there :)
I dropped Jed and Zeke off at the restaurant to get a table and I went and found a parking space.  As I am holding Beck's chair and making sure the older 2 girls don't run into the parking lot, I look to see Addie climbing out of the car and press the button so the car door shuts.  As I watch I notice that she is following the door with her thumb and before I could yell out to move her hand (it was like slow motion) the door shut on her thumb!  I immediately open the door and she got her hand out.  It was HUGE and swollen.  I felt terrible!  I hate when my kids get hurt, it just makes me sick to my stomach, I don't like to see them in pain and if I could take the pain for them I would.  Anyways, we find Jed and he checks it out and says that it looks okay, just really smashed.  During dinner we notice that she isn't using that hand at all and wouldn't let us look at it and kept saying that it hurts!  So just to be safe we took her to the ER, it looked broken.  It ended up being fine, but she got an x-ray of her hand, which she thought was pretty neat.  If you know Adleigh, she wont let ANY stranger talk or touch her...so the whole time she was ignoring the hospital workers, until the nurse ask if she wants a bandage, WHICH SHE LOVES TO WEAR BANDAIDS.  So they wrapped up her thumb and sent them home.
It took us a good 3 days to let us take her bandage off!  :)
She was so excited to get a SLURPEE after the ER...the kids were so jealous THAT at church the next day, Braia tells us her ears hurt.  So I kept asking her if she wanted to go to the hospital and she kept saying yes.  SO I told her after sacrament that Daddy would take her to the doctors but they would be mad if we went there and she really wasn't sick.  She said she was and that her ears hurt real bad...then she says, "Can I get a slurpee on the way home?"  I told her no, because it was Sunday and she said, "well, my ears are fine then, I'll go to class!"  Little stinker!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

linnylou said...

so painful! poor addie
silly braia, what a character!

Laurie Wilcox said...

Hey Ashley,

I've been absent from the blogging world for a while... moving across the country doesn't help. Came across your blog and LOVED seeing all of the cute pictures of your kiddos. They are all getting so big! Maybe someday soon I'll actually learn how to blog and update my own. Look forward to checking back in on your cute family!

Laurie Wilcox said...

Hey Ashley,

I've been absent from the blogging world for a while... moving across the country doesn't help. Came across your blog and LOVED seeing all of the cute pictures of your kiddos. They are all getting so big! Maybe someday soon I'll actually learn how to blog and update my own. Look forward to checking back in on your cute family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...